08 January 2011

2011 Update

Ok.. I'm no longer promising to be better at blogging. I can't seem to update regularly anyway. Here is the latest news in our lives:

Advancement to MK2
On 1 Jan 2011, TJ made MK2! I am so, so proud of him. I was lucky enough to pin one of his crows on him. Before the pinning, we talked a bit about it. I was telling him how proud I was and that there was a chance that I would cry. He quickly told me that crying was not allowed at these sorts of things. ;) Ok.. So it didn't go quite like that. I didn't cry, but I was just gushing with pride. I think that is allowed at those sorts of things. :)




Final Chapter of My Bachelor Degree
In January, I started my LAST semester of my Bachelor degree program! I spoke with my advisor, and I graduate June 2011! TJ and I will be driving to DC for the commencement ceremony. We're hoping to stay the weekend and do some sight seeing as well. I am so excited! I think I might be more excited about my break from school (April 2011-August 2011). Yes.. that's right. A break from school. August 2011, I am expecting to start back on my Masters in Education. I'm still trying to find a school to apply to. That is, if I don't enroll in the program my current online school offers. Online is just so convenient with our crazy lives.

Busy Year Ahead
Looking at a calendar these days kind of freaks me out. We have a week long vacation planned in March. I am SO looking forward to it! We will also have a new nephew born at the end of March/beginning of April! In June we'll have our trip to DC. Finally, in November, we'll be going to Florida. My sister is getting married!!! We're hoping to be there for a bit longer than just their wedding. We'll see what the Coast Guard says about that.

Coincidentally, today is the 1 year anniversary of TJ's grandmothers passing. I think about her quite often, as we all do. I know she's with us everyday. While we were in Florida, TJ's mother, gave me a ring that belonged to Ms. Jo. I was very honored and touched that she gave me the ring. It means a lot to me to be able to carry her with us always.



We were also lucky enough to have a friend take our pictures while we were in Florida. This is the same friend that did our wedding pictures. Here are a few of our favorites (let me tell ya, it was really hard to narrow it down. We LOVE them all!)



Ok. So finally, I want to put my New Year's Resolution in writing.. Hopefully, that'll make me stick to it!
1. Get in shape and STAY in shape. I am eating better (no processed foods, no soda, no refined sugar etc). I also have a few workout games for the Wii (Zumba and Just Dance 2). I want to make myself do these 3 times a week (at least).
2. Teach myself the ins and outs of my camera. I've had my Nikon for 1.5 years, and I have JUST started to learn about my manual focus settings. I am forcing myself to get out and take pictures. Here are a few:




and finally, 3. Get out of debt. TJ and I have a plan in place. We are going to stick to it, and be debt free by the end of the year!


Well, that's it for now. Hopefully, I'll remember to update again soon :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it babe!